National Dental Care acquires North Shore Dentistry, Turramurra
National Dental Care, (NDC), continues its expansion in Australia following the acquisition of North Shore Dentistry located in Turramurra, Sydney.
National Dental Care is one of Australia’s largest Dental Groups with 62 practices across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, the Northern Territory, and South Australia. The company has a careful growth strategy based on acquiring larger high quality practices, (3-6 chairs), that can provide a broad range of good value patient services utilising modern technologies.
All current NDC practices are fully ADA accredited to ensure the highest standards of infection control and patient outcomes. Greenfield sites in key locations are also considered where there aren’t opportunities to acquire good practices.
National Dental Care CEO, Gordon Towell, commented, “I am delighted to announce that after many months of discussions with Dr Sasha Rutnam, owner and founder of North Shore Dentistry, she has agreed to join the National Dental Care family. This addition will help accelerate our growth plans and further adds to NDC’s presence in New South Wales following our recent acquisition of Hugh Fleming Dentistry in Sydney”.
Towell added, “There is a high level of synergy between North Shore Dentistry and NDC given our shared belief and genuine focus on excellent patient care, investment in new dental technologies, and training programs for both dentists and practice staff. We are delighted to welcome Sasha together with all her staff and clinicians into the NDC fold”.
North Shore Dentistry founder and Vendor Dentist, Dr Sasha Rutnam, will continue to manage the practice over the coming years and help drive the group strategy in conjunction with the NDC Clinical Advisory Committee. Dr Rutnam graduated from the University of Sydney in 1994 with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery and in 1997, passed the primary section of the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons. Dr Rutnam has completed postgraduate courses in orthodontics, cosmetic dentistry and implants.
Her practice provides a broad range of dental services including Implants, Invisalign, and Cosmetic Dentistry, all with a focus on gently pain-free dentistry.
Dr Rutnam commented, “At North Shore Dentistry, all our new patients have a comprehensive examination using state of the art imaging equipment where required, along with photos to enable us to assess the whole mouth in detail. Our dentists then discuss the results of these diagnostic tools with the patient and present them with a comprehensive treatment plan. All our treatment rooms are equipped with television screens on the ceiling connected to Netflix players for their entertainment and distraction if they feel anxious at the dentist. Cordless earphones are also provided to drown the familiar dental sounds! Patient Care is at the heart of everything we do, and we have a complete focus on ensuring our patients feel relaxed and comfortable during their visit”
Sasha added, “Having spent considerable time with NDC senior management to understand their vision, I was excited to join the NDC team given both the focus on clinician governance, and their clear understanding and appreciation of the unique characteristics of my practice. I’m also looking forward to their support to enable my full time focus on dentistry and patients and to personally contributing to their clinical strategies over the coming years.”
For Media enquiries/interviews contact:-
Phone: +61 2 9008 0300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Dental Care:
- Privately owned dental group with 2 brands – DB Dental in WA, and National Dental Care in the Eastern States. Owns dental practices in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, the Northern Territory Western Australia and South Australia
- 62 practices employing over 820 Practice and support staff, and partners with over 340 dentists and other providers
- Growth strategy includes a combination of new Greenfield practices and acquisitions underpinned by major investment in fully integrated ERP systems and processes
- Has a patient-first approach that impacts everything from professional development, equipment and new technologies
- Unique focus on large, well equipped, family friendly dental practices underpinned by the latest technologies including CEREC, (same day crowns), iTero scanners, CBCT’s, Digital Imaging, to allow the provision of the broadest possible range of services
- All NDC practices have industry Accreditation and a focus on clinical excellence
- Operates in close collaboration with the Clinical Advisory Committee made up of senior NDC dentists from each State; this also ensures best practice for education