Press Release: National Dental Care installs lifesaving AED machines at every practice in the network
National Dental Care, (NDC), has recently invested in lifesaving Automatic External Defibrillators (AED), by installing an AED in every dental practice within the network.
National Dental Care is a one of Australia’s largest Dental Groups with 63 practices across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, Northern Territory and South Australia. The company has a dynamic growth strategy based on both acquisitions and new Greenfield sites with a focus on larger practices, providing a broad range of high quality patient services utilising modern technologies. All current NDC group practices are fully ADA accredited to ensure the highest standards of infection control and patient outcomes.
National Dental Care’s CEO, Craig Stevens, commented, “Cardiac arrest is by far the biggest killer for us Aussies, and we wanted to be part of helping people survive it.”
According to Safe Work Australia, around 30,000 Aussies die from Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) every year. While AEDs are not mandatory, most experts agree that using an AED within the first three minutes of an attack can triple the likelihood of survival.
Mr. Stevens added, “Our Clinical Advisory Committee suggested that as healthcare service providers, this really was a device our providers and teams should have access too, and make available to others. The Leadership team and the Board were really supportive. It really is the responsible thing to do”.
Craig went on to say, “Patient needs are at the heart of everything we do. Our dentists continue to lead our clinical strategy and have been instrumental through the NDC Clinic Advisory Committee in establishing our equipment and training needs. We care about our providers, our staff and our patients, and strive to provide the benchmark in dental facilities and services across Australia.”
National Dental Care’s, Head of HR, Aaron Trott commented, “the installation and roll out of the AEDs has been seamless, and well received by our teams. The Defib Warehouse were great to deal with and provided NDC with the latest technology in AEDs. If you happen to find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing to use a device on someone, the AED basically steps you through the entire process. They really are simple to use.”
For Media enquiries/interviews contact:
National Dental Care
Phone: +61 2 9008 0300
Email: email@example.com equipment
National Dental Care
- Privately owned dental group with 2 predominant brands – DB Dental in WA, and National Dental Care in the Eastern States
- 63 practices employing over 820 practice and support staff, and partners with over 340 dentists and other providers
- Growth strategy includes a combination of new Greenfield practices and acquisitions
- Owns dental practices in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, the Northern Territory Western Australia and South Australia
- Has a patient-first approach that impacts everything from professional development, equipment and new technologies
- Unique focus on large, well equipped, family friendly dental practices underpinned by the latest technologies including CEREC, (same day crowns), iTero scanners, CBCT’s, Digital Imaging, to allow the provision of the broadest possible range of services
- All NDC practices have industry Accreditation and a focus on clinical excellence
- Operates in close collaboration with the Clinical Advisory Committee made up of senior NDC dentists from each State; this also ensures best practice for education and equipment