National Dental Care, (NDC), confirms the appointment of Dr Antony Benedetto to the Board of NDC following his significant contribution to the company as Chair of the Clinical Advisory Committee, (CAC), over the past 2 years.
National Dental Care is one of Australia’s largest Dental Groups with 60 practices across Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, the Northern Territory, and South Australia. The company has a careful growth strategy based on acquiring larger high quality practices, (3-6 chairs), that can provide a broad range of good value patient services utilising modern technologies. All current NDC practices are fully ADA accredited to ensure the highest standards of infection control and patient outcomes. Greenfield sites in key locations are also considered where there aren’t opportunities to acquire good practices.
Chairman of National Dental Care, Michael Alscher, commented, “This new appointment is a significant step forward in the evolution of NDC and reflects the importance we attach to the direct input of Dentists to our Board’s thinking and strategy. Dr Benedetto brings a wealth of experience to the Board having been previously one of our Vendor Dentists, (owner of GB Dental Erina NSW), and Chair of the NDC Clinical Advisory Committee (CAC).”
Gordon Towell, NDC CEO added, “Having worked closely with Antony over the past 5 years, I know personally the value of his contribution to both NDC’s clinical and commercial direction. Our dentists continue to lead our clinical strategy and have been instrumental in setting our equipment and training needs through the NDC Clinic Advisory Committee. Antony will connect all strands of the clinical focus within our organisation as a practicing dentist, as Chair of the CAC, and as a Board Director. We care about our clinicians, our staff and our patients, and strive to provide the benchmark in dental facilities and services in the country for them.
Gordon went on to say, “We have an enviable track record of strong financial performance with patient fees increasing from $116.5 million in FY18 to $123 million in FY19, driven by organic same center growth, and select practice acquisitions. This positive LFL organic growth trend was seen across all regions in FY19 resulting in the highest ever level of Patient Fees driven by a combination of dentist training in advanced procedures, and increased new patient numbers generated by innovative digital marketing programs.”
After obtaining his Bachelor of Medical Science in 2000 and Bachelor of Dentistry from the University of Sydney in 2004, Dr Benedetto has developed a strong emphasis on patient outcomes utilising the advanced technologies of CEREC, CBCT’s, Digital Scanners, and Invisalign. Dr Benedetto will continue to practice dentistry at the NDC Erina practice together with managing his ongoing responsibilities as Chair of the CAC.
Dr Benedetto commented, “I am very excited to be given this opportunity to contribute to the Board of NDC, and to continue to work together with Gordon and his Executive Team on the unique needs of Dentists and clinicians that are the backbone of our industry. Having spent considerable time with NDC senior management to understand their vision, I am keen to personally contribute to their clinical strategies over the coming years through my Board position.”
Antony added, “In my view NDC is at the forefront of DSO’s, (Dental Service Organisations), in Australia. The combination of larger, well equipped, ADA Accredited practices, providing a broad range of dental services to Australian families is a compelling proposition to both clinicians and staff, and most importantly, our patients”.
For Media enquiries/interviews contact:-
Phone: +61 2 9008 0300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Dental Care:
• Privately owned dental group with 2 brands – DB Dental in WA, and National Dental Care in the Eastern States. Owns dental practices in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, the Northern Territory Western Australia and South Australia
• 60 practices employing over 750 Practice and support staff, and partners with over 330 dentists and other providers
• Growth strategy includes a combination of new Greenfield practices and acquisitions underpinned by major investment in fully integrated ERP systems and processes
• Has a patient-first approach that impacts everything from professional development, equipment and new technologies
• Unique focus on large, well equipped, family friendly dental practices underpinned by the latest technologies including CEREC, (same day crowns), iTero scanners, CBCT’s, Digital Imaging, to allow the provision of the broadest possible range of services
• All NDC practices have industry Accreditation and a focus on clinical excellence
• Operates in close collaboration with the Clinical Advisory Committee made up of senior NDC dentists from each State; this also ensures best practice for education